Tai Chi has a growing body of research proving its efficacy in treating disease, injury, and physical limitations. While Tai Chi form is important, the principles of Tai Chi are what facilitate the healing process.
This workshop emphasizes Tai Chi principles and the benefits of these Tai Chi principles as evidence based therapeutic intervention. Participants will learn the six basic principles of Tai Chi through simple Tai Chi form and QiGong.
Through this experience, they will learn how to apply the Tai Chi principles to various patient diagnoses and clinical settings for addressing component deficits as well as functional outcomes. Therapists will be required to demonstrate knowledge in modification and application for best therapeutic benefit and safety.
· Apply the principles of Tai Chi practice for therapeutic intervention to address various patient deficits
· Understand internal and external Tai Chi principles and their therapeutic benefit
· Apply Tai Chi principles to address functional mobility, ADLs, balance and strength, pain management, ROM and Fall Prevention
· Modify Tai Chi for various levels and disabilities
· Provide appropriate documentation when using Tai Chi as a therapeutic intervention
· Access Tai Chi resources for further development and use in practice
· Understand Tai Chi as an Evidenced Based Practice with appropriate documentation